Re: master 37889523278: Add new `swap` macro and use it

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: master 37889523278: Add new `swap` macro and use it
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2024 21:13:52 +0800

> OK, I think I see where you are coming from.  My interpretation of that
> discussion is a bit different.
>
> To my mind, that discussion was mainly about what people use in their
> day-to-day hacking on Emacs, because that's where the disruption happens
> when the build is broken even if it's only broken briefly.

There's no reason to hesitate before reverting a minor change that
neither provides new features nor modifies internal details in a manner
beneficial to users of systems it doesn't affect.

In such instances, the number of users affected is not a valid
consideration, because reverting the change will not be detrimental to
any of them regardless of whether they were affected.

Lastly, this particular change's existence invites more references to
the macro it adds that will interfere with reverting it in the future;
this also goes for other changes providing new interfaces, or modifying
existing ones.  Time is thus of the essence.