Re: is it possible to «lose» edits when aborting recursive-edits?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: is it possible to «lose» edits when aborting recursive-edits?
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 11:02:58 +0200

> From: Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es>
> Cc: Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es>, emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 08:02:10 +0100

> > What do you mean by "not committed"?
>
> The did not appear in the commit.
>
> Here is an example
>
> Paragraph 1:
>
> New: blabla
>
> Paragraph: 2
>
> New: more blabla blabla
>
> C-]
>
> Commit via vc-next-action
>
> All new parts paragraph 1 are not part of the commit.

Sorry, this is still not detailed enough: how did those "new parts"
appear, and in which buffer?  IOW, what did you do to make these new
parts appear wherever they appeared?

> Possible explanation
>
> Paragraph 2
>
> New more blabla
>
> Was written on the top-level but Paragraph 1 on some second or higher
> recursive-level and disappeared after having hit C-]

I'm asking for more details about the "was written" part.

It will be the simplest if you describe the commands you invoked
before C-], even if it's just typing some text.  IOW, a complete
recipe of the issue.