Re: master 84e4bc6219a 1/2: Add input methods for Urdu, Pashto and Sindh

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: master 84e4bc6219a 1/2: Add input methods for Urdu, Pashto and Sindhi (bug#66470)
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 14:21:45 +0100

Rahguzar <rahguzar@zohomail.eu> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Rahguzar,

> So I wonder if the test is encouraging the correct behavior. I think
> that seeing the `pakistan-urdu-input` subgroup would be useful for
> people using `urdu-custom` input method but perhaps for majority of
> people we shouldn't cause pakistan.el to load just because they wanted
> to customize a quail option.
>
> Maybe it is better to just remove `quail` as the parent group of
> `pakistan-urdu-input`?

No idea. Note, that there is also lisp/leim/quail/indian.el. It declares
defgroup `tamil-input', and it doesn't show an error in the test.

I've tried to replace the parent group of `pakistan-urdu-input' to be
`leim' instead of `quail'. But the error about the missing pakistan.el
persists, just using `leim' instead of `quail' in the error message.

> Rahguzar

Best regards, Michael.