Re: Upcoming merge of adaptive-wrap

From: Madhu
Subject: Re: Upcoming merge of adaptive-wrap
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2024 10:11:01 +0530

* Stefan Monnier <jwvwmrptivv.fsf-monnier+emacs @gnu.org> :
Wrote on Wed, 31 Jan 2024 14:18:46 -0500:
> Joost Kremers [2024-01-26 14:47:42] wrote:
>>> What does it mean for this to be a configurable option of
>>> visual-line-mode?  How is it different from turning on another minor
>>> mode?
>> My thinking was that this is something a user would probably want to have
>> enabled by default (I do, anyway), and for that, a Configure option seems the
>> logical choice.
>
> [ A global minor mode also gives you a Configure option :-)  ]
>
> But should it be tied to `visual-line-mode` (as opposed to, say, the
> value of `word-wrap`)?

Does this mode do what obsolete/longlines.el used to be able to do? (set
a column and "visually" wrap to that without changing the underlying
buffer)?

BTW I've had some strange behaviour when reading this tread on this on
gmane a number of articles seem to have come with all new-lines removed

article numbers (around Jan 28). the first article seems to be gone from
gmane.

315402~  ;; <871qa4oo40.fsf@yahoo.com>
315461~
315492~