Re: master b0049c942b8: bytecomp.el: Warn for `, ' not within backquote

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: master b0049c942b8: bytecomp.el: Warn for `, ' not within backquote construct
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2024 14:46:42 +0200

> From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2024 22:36:13 -0500
>
>   > Richard, our ChangeLog generator script is not sophisticated enough to
>   > extract file names from the title of a commit.  Instead, please move the
>   > file name to a separate line, in the format of a ChangeLog entry:
>
>   > * lisp/emacs-lisp/bytecomp.el:
>
> 1. The format I used on Feb 3 was the same as used in the previous
> commit for that same file.  What exactly are you asking me to do
> differently?

To name the file name before the function name:

  * lisp/emacs-lisp/bytecomp.el (bytecomp--report-comma): New function with...

You could still mention the file name in the heading line (the 1st
line of the log message), it does no harm to have the file mentioned
twice.

> 2.  How could I change it now that it is already pushed?

You cannot.  We can only edit by hand the produced ChangeLog when the
next release's tarball is being prepared.