Re: Installing cond* in core

From: Lynn Winebarger
Subject: Re: Installing cond* in core
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 16:53:50 -0400

On Sat, Jan 27, 2024 at 4:37 PM Stefan Kangas <stefankangas@gmail.com> wrote:
[nice sentiments, but then...]
> If it is true that Python "can be seen as a dialect of Lisp with
> 'traditional' syntax",[2] then perhaps it is our turn to take a cue
> from them.
[...]
> [2]  https://norvig.com/python-lisp.html

How about even if that claim is false?  Because the modern inheritor
of lisp implementation technology is clearly Javascript, at least in
V8.  Among other things, the heap can be dumped for later loading
(again, V8-specific as far as I know).  And my experience is that
Norvig's classification of Python's storage management as "automatic"
to be questionable.
This observation is completely off-topic, of course.

Lynn