Re: Build failure with --with-x-toolkit=no

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Build failure with --with-x-toolkit=no
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 10:36:28 +0100

> You could then do "git -fdxn", which would show you the files that
> perhaps need to be removed, without actually removing them.

When I do git clean -fdxn it, probably correctly, does not descend into
the build directories but just tells me that it would remove them as a
whole (like the info directory, for example).

The great problem I never managed to fix appropriately is that when
removing a build directory as a whole, I also remove previous versions
of emacs builds which, however, I occasionally need to track down in
which version an error appeared first.  So I'd need a regexp to tell git
clean which files it should delete for making builds succeed cleanly and
which ones to keep for future forensics.  Having executables and object
files in the same directory is not helpful in this regard.

martin