Re: master 08c80c45dde: Don't use file-truepath in Eglot (bug#70036)

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: master 08c80c45dde: Don't use file-truepath in Eglot (bug#70036)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 18:12:15 +0100

On Thu, Apr 18, 2024 at 5:30 PM Theodor Thornhill <theo@thornhill.no> wrote:

> They are not one-off and uncommon - there is no reason to be harsh and unkind.

I'm not being harsh.  Your report is really the first time I ever heard
about this particular problem and there is more than a thousand issues in
the Eglot tracker, and I analyzed all of them (even if briefly).
So it's literally one-off and it's uncommon become one in thousands counts
as uncommon to me.

But that doesn't mean I'm not invested in solving it, now that you've
told me how serious a problem it is for you.  I just don't want to do it
at the cost of breakage to other users who AFAICT have NOT complained
about this (me included).

> I glanced on the lsp-mode repo issues, and comments on file-truepath
> and it's performance killing slowness is abundant.

I don't track lsp-mode repo, as you may understand.  I barely have time
for Eglot.

> I'll create a  reproducible recipe later tonight.

Great idea!

João