Re: How to contribute to Emacs Windows(NT) installer?

From: Corwin Brust
Subject: Re: How to contribute to Emacs Windows(NT) installer?
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 17:00:39 -0500

On Sat, Apr 20, 2024 at 1:22 AM Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> > From: Elijah G <eg642616@gmail.com>
> > Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 20:42:51 -0600
> >
> > Hello, I'm interested in contributing to emacs windows installer such
> > as providing more options and providing images/banners bitmap, Where
> > can I find information such as where to send them and which files are
> > needed to modify?
>
> I believe Corwin (CC'ed) is the person who currently takes care of the
> Windows binaries.

Hi Elijah!

The files specific to building on and for Windows port are in
admin/nt/dist-build within the source tree.  The NSIS installer is
emacs.nsi in that folder. I would be happy to look at any patches.

I have lots and lots of rather so-so code relating to making these
builds, most of which I don't use when preparing release builds which
I do rather manually.   In any case, my local snapot "CI" build
programs are here: https://git.sr.ht/~mplscorwin/emacs-local-ci

Let me know how I can help most, and thanks for your interest in
improving things.