Re: MPS: native comp

From: Gerd Möllmann
Subject: Re: MPS: native comp
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 10:40:44 +0200

Gerd Möllmann <gerd.moellmann@gmail.com> writes:

>> Then, in some way Andrea sets up Lisp_Objects for what we have in the
>> dylib when it is loaded and these land in data_vec.
>
> And that's exactly what's going on, from reading the code.
> load_static_obj gets a pointer to text represention of Lisp data in the
> dylib, and then uses Fread to make Lisp_Objects from that.
>
> Scratchign head...

Hm, maybe...

@Andrea: How are the Lisp_Objects created in load_static_obj referenced
from the code? There must be a step that puts them into the machine
code, right? Probably the "relocs" that are used there.

If that's the case (and I'm almost sure), then we need to make these
objects immovable.

That was a nice puzzle!