emacs-diffs

[Emacs-diffs] ELisp project

From: PATRIC IRVINE
Subject: [Emacs-diffs] ELisp project
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 16:28:19 -0000

hi,

 I've undertaken to write a grammar and diction checker for an emacs text
editor, I hope to cover rules such as  contraction, comparison use, issue
with question marks and so on, I envisage writing a minor-mode, so that when
employed will highlight the textual errors to the user, In the case of the
question mark rule, the checker  should read the first word of a sentence
and if that word is a 'Question word' e.g who, what, why, etc.. it  should
point to the end of the sentence and check to see if a question mark has
been place there.

        I'd appreciate very much any pointers as to how I should proceed
with this project,

        Cheers Patric.