[Emacs-orgmode] Status of Org-mode in GNU Emacs

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: [Emacs-orgmode] Status of Org-mode in GNU Emacs
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 07:49:20 +0100

The version of Org-mode in GNU Emacs is now in feature freeze. Richard Stallman has asked me to stop making major changes, and to limit myself to safe bug fixes. Apparently they will start or have started a pretest phase which supposedly will result in a release 22.1 soon. Lets hope that this is not wrong hopes, and that there soon will be a release.

Obviously, I do want to have a stable and well-tested version of org.el in that Emacs. So if anyone still has outstanding issues that could be termed a bug, please let me/us know soon. Also, if there are people using an Emacs from the CVS head, please let me know if there are any problems with the org.el in that tree. I still have a few minor fixes that will be org-mode 4.09, but apart from that no major problems are know to me.

If there are good ideas for new features, those will start a new branch of org-mode, but will not reach Emacs 22 (unless that release becomes delayed again).

- Carsten

--
Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam