[Emacs-orgmode] outline-magic incompatible with org-mode

From: Thomas Baumann
Subject: [Emacs-orgmode] outline-magic incompatible with org-mode
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 08:20:41 +0100

It took me a while to get the reason for this strange behaviour of TAB in
org-mode on my computer:

TAB worked fine in folding and unfolding the headings, but failed
otherwise. C-i worked flawlessly in all situations.

The reason for loosing the context sensitive behaviour of TAB was a
concurring key-binding in outline-magic, which I still use in lengthy
documents.

In outline-magic TAB is bound to outline-cycle, whereas org-mode binds
<tab> to org-cycle. TAB and <tab> are different keys, therefore in
a standard setup most of the intuitive behaviour of org-mode gets lost.

Not a common situation but maybe one can patch outline-magic or
org-mode.

Greetings
Thomas