Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Recent changes: A cleaner outline view

From: Thomas Baumann
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Recent changes: A cleaner outline view
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 07:43:37 +0100

Carsten,

I sometimes do like the cleaner view with the leading stars removed. In
other cases, eg. with many tables, notes and links, things look better
the way they are. Of course smart indentation could be an option to have
everything nicely aligned, but wait, there are only 80 characters on my
terminal window, therefore space is limited...

Anyway, my org-file is for working and not for presentation. Therefore
anything which increases the functionality (org-mouse is an excellent
example) should be available in the org-mode buffer, whereas layout
issues (indenting 1/2/3 spaces and so on) could perfectly be integrated
into the export filters. To be honest, I had no clue of the use of
org-convert-to-odd-levels when I first saw it appear in the code. Now
this is clearer now.

BTW, on text mode terminals the "hidden" leading stars show up in a
smart blue color here :-)

Have a nice day and thanks

Thomas