Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Suggested change to round timestamps.

From: Alex Bochannek
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Suggested change to round timestamps.
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 13:34:14 -0800

Philip Rooke <address@hidden> writes:

> Thomas Baumann <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Useful, maybe, for accounting purposes, in this case, the calculation of
>> the timespan in between could be extended to compute and insert a
>> rounded value.
>
> I agree, definitely a useful extension.  I know a number of people who
> log/record time to larger units than 1 minute (6 minutes seems to be
> common).

It seems like people get used to that when they work in environments
that requires them to submit time cards. Personally, I just find it
annoying to look at the agenda view and see a meeting I attended
listed as 13:02-14:07 :-)

>> For other purposes I would stay with the exact value (which of course
>> is still possible in Alex version)
>
> Likewise, I would stay with the exact value but still like the idea of
> being able to do something different.

I tried to change it in a way that would not affect the existing
functionality. I also looked at all the calls to current-time (in the
4.01 version I started with) and only modified the ones that were
relevant. I did not look at 4.09/4.10 yet.

Alex.