Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Adapting org-mode to my needs

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Adapting org-mode to my needs
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 14:22:30 +0200

On Apr 19, 2006, at 8:10, Carsten Dominik wrote:

I guess we could have variables for the page header and footer that will be inserted there, with place holders for author name, date, and title. This is a relative minor change. The menu across the page could go in there, but I would suspect that you need to put this into the header format yourself.

Another possibility would be to put the header and footer information into a special section of the outline in the file, for example

* COMMENT html configuration
** Header
here the header HTML code which will be inlined into the exported file
** Footer
here the footer HTML code which will be inlined into the exported file

Thinking more about this, I guess it would be better to have files "header.html" and "footer.html", and have the exported files refer to those.

- Carsten