[Emacs-orgmode] Re: Cyclic timestamps for SCHEDULED and DEADLINE

From: Dan Christensen
Subject: [Emacs-orgmode] Re: Cyclic timestamps for SCHEDULED and DEADLINE
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 23:07:28 -0400

> On Apr 26, 2006, at 16:42, Dieter Grollmann wrote:
>
>> It seems, that org-mode does not allow timestamps like, for example,
>> <*-*-25>
>> (to match the 25th of every month) for SCHEDULED resp. DEADLINE? Of
>> course I can
>> do this with diary, but diary entries are not carried forward...
>
> No, such a feature is currently not available in Org-mode.  For
> myself, I can't think of many applications for this.  Do you have
> concrete examples where you need this, together with scheduling?

I would use something like this frequently.  A couple of examples:

- annual events, such as anniversaries and birthdays.  I'd like
  a SCHEDULED item a week or two ahead telling me to buy a
  present
- every month there's a banking transaction I do that I'd like
  SCHEDULED

In addition, there are periodic events I have where the current diary
support is fine, but even for this information I would rather keep it
in org format and mixed with relevant org files.

Dan