[Emacs-orgmode] colorless and linkless

From: John Rakestraw
Subject: [Emacs-orgmode] colorless and linkless
Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 10:21:00 -0400

Hi --

(Please excuse the double-posting if any -- I'm fairly certain that my
first attempt to post this was unsuccessful.)

I've been using org mode (now at version 4.27) in Linux (FC4, current
updates, emacs 21.4.1) for a few months. I really like it -- thanks to
Carsten and others who have contributed. Everything was working well
until sometime last month. However, at that time the colors and links
stopped appearing on the screen. The TODO entries show up, and I can
cycle through the different TODO keywords, but there's no color.

In addition, the links don't show as links.

(I'm syncing my org files with my work computer, where I'm running
emacs on Windows XP. The links and colors show up there as expected.)

This change happened at a time when I was working with my org-init.el
file (called by .emacs) to set up an integration with remember.el.
It also happened about the time that Carsten changed the font-lock
faces for org mode. I mention both of these things, but (a) I can't
see how the changes I made to org-init.el might have caused the
problem and (b) I think that if changes Carsten made caused the problem
then others would surely have seen it.

Obviously, though, I know much less about emacs than others on this
list. Can someone please suggest some things that I can check?

Thanks.

--
John Rakestraw
Center for New Designs in Learning and Scholarship