Re: [Emacs-orgmode] fancier and less fancy export

From: Nic
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] fancier and less fancy export
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 18:07:02 +0100

Scott Otterson <address@hidden> writes:

> Also, a general question:  There's been discussion of adapting muse-mode
> so that org-mode can eventually make use of its many export
> capabilities.   At that same time, we've got very interesting xoxo
> export capability and the nice new code written by David O'Toole.   This
> is great stuff but to a new user, these multiple and somewhat
> overlapping choices are bound to be confusing.  Will all this good code
> eventually get merged into a unified org-mode exporting system?

I think the problem is we're all just trying out org-mode and working
out what we think it's good for and stretching it in new ways.

To some people it seems it's a plain organizational outliner.

To other people it seems it's a document construction outliner.

To many people it looks like it might be a blogging tool.

All these different things need different export.

Having said that, if I have time to clean up the XOXO output I think
that might consolidate some things because it will be simple clean
HTML which people can parse and transform in other ways.

Nic Ferrier