Re: [Emacs-orgmode] fancier and less fancy export

From: Scott Otterson
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] fancier and less fancy export
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 10:08:43 -0700

Carsten Dominik (05/12/2006 12:57 AM) wrote:
In the next version, this is going to work as follows:

The command org-export-copy-visible no longer exists.

Instead there is a new command org-export-visible, bound to C-c C-x v.
When using this command, you are prompted for another key, to specify the true export command. Org-mode will then make a temporary buffer containing the visible part of the current buffer only, and export this buffer to ascii, html, xoxo.

Thanks.  This is perfect.

One thing I noticed, though, is that tables with the < > column width limitation are exported without the width being collapsed, like so:

| purpose | run | words |  EM | note       | options    |
| acfeat  |   0 |       | <3> | turns      |            |
| thresh  |   1 | NA    | 12  | turns      |  thrsh=10  |
| thresh  |  56 | x     | 0/0 improve | nolab/turns | thrsh=30   |

even if it was being displayed collapsed at the time of export (collapsed by hitting a tab in a cell somewhere, for example).

Now that I think of it, it would be nice if table column widths were collapsed at the first entry of a .org file. Without that first TAB, my tables are unreadably mangled. On the other hand, I suppose that seing them uncollapsed at first, is a good reminder of the content that will be hidden after the first TAB.

Scott