Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Midnight and noon in agendas

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Midnight and noon in agendas
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 22:51:27 +0200

On Jun 2, 2006, at 21:45, Daniel J. Sinder wrote:

If 12am/00:00 is considered the start of the day, then the rule
holds -- switching 12am to 12pm makes the event later that same day,
at noon.

Yes, you are right, of course.

Should 12am be listed as 0:00 or as 24:00?
Should 12:21am be listed as 0:21 or as 24:21?

It seems to me that the logic would be a bit better to schedule these
show uo as 0:00 and 0:21. If you wanted to put something at midnight at
the end of the day you would then have to use 24:00 and 24:21.

I like this idea (allowing times at 24:00 and beyond).  The user can
place things where they want: at the start or end of the day.  As a
bonus, if you work the night shift, you'll be able to see your daily
agenda all under one date at the start of your shift.

Thank you and the others on this thread for the input.
I am summarizing the result (at least what I extract of it):

- 12am is beginning of the day, same as 0:00
- 12pm is noon.
- Times like 24:13, 25:14, and even 13:12pm will be tolerated,
  mainly because the regular expression I have for finding times.
  matches them (it is something like [012]?[0-9].....
  The agenda will list such times after midnight.  You need to
  decide for yourself if this is more useful than confusing.
  The way these nonstandard times will show up in the agenda is:

    23:58
    23:59
    24:00
    +0:01