Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Attention XEmacs users

From: Tim O'Callaghan
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Attention XEmacs users
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 14:09:02 +0200

I experimented with automating the noutline usage with a patch for org-install:

(if (featurep 'xemacs)
    (progn (setq dir (expand-file-name (concat default-directory "xemacs")))
           (if (file-directory-p dir)
               (setq load-path (cons dir load-path)))
           )
  )

The problem here is that default-directory was not set correctly at
runtime for some reason, so just added the xemacs dir to my load-path
instead. Its something you might consider though.

Also ":" needed to be added to org-link-escape-chars, as below:
(defconst org-link-escape-chars '((":" . ":") ("[" . "%5B") ("]" . "%5D") (" "
. "%20"))
  "Association list of escapes for some characters problematic in links.")

The fix is for a problem that occurs, when trying to open a remote
file link.  org-open-at-point mangles the EFS file links, possibly
tramp ones as well, i've not tried. It by replaces every ':' with '!'.

The link file:/address@hidden:/disk:/home/dir/WRK/ tries to open the
file "/address@hidden/disk!/home/dir/WRK/"

Its probably not the best way of going about it, but it works.

Tim.