Re: [Emacs-orgmode] GTD, Projects, and Next Actions in org-mode

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] GTD, Projects, and Next Actions in org-mode
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 14:32:52 +0200

Hmmmm,

of course everything is possible. The problem I see is how to implement this in a general way so that it will be useful to many people with slightly or strongly different ways of getting things done with Org-mode. For example, if I understand you correctly, you consider a project OK if it has a TODO keyword, or a context tag. Other people might require TODO together with a context tag, because when they mark the entry done they do not want to remove the context tag. Furthermore, you would have to have a way to specify the relevant context tags, so that Org-mode could find them and ignore other tags used for a different purpose. Etc Etc.

So if anyone has an idea on how a general concept of vet'ing a project would look like, in addition to what Tim has proposed, please come forward.

- Carsten