Re: [Emacs-orgmode] How to sort by tags

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] How to sort by tags
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 14:50:22 +0200

Yes, with tags as context this would make sense......

Other input, anyone?

- Carsten

On Aug 28, 2006, at 14:36, Pete Phillips wrote:

"Carsten" == Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> writes:

    Carsten> Sorting by tag has been on my todo list already for a long
    Carsten> time, but has not materialized because I don't have a
    Carsten> reasonable idea on how items with multiple tags should be
    Carsten> handed.  Good ideas on this will probably trigger
    Carsten> implementation :-)

Well as it happens, I have an idea .....  :-)

If you implemented some sort of grouping, multiply tagged items would
appear in each group. So if I had:

       *** Cut the Lawns :DIY:Home:

It would appear as:

__DIY__

   Cut the Lawns

__Home_

   Cut the Lawns

This makes sense to me anyway. Because I use Tags as contexts, it means
that something with multiple contexts appears in each of those contexts.

Pete

--
Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam