[Orgmode] Is per-node collapsed state realistic in org-more

From: Eddward DeVilla
Subject: [Orgmode] Is per-node collapsed state realistic in org-more
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 11:53:12 -0500

Hi,

   I have a potentially crazy feature request.  There's a feature I
liked in a previous outliner I use that I kinda miss in org.  In that
outliner, each node had it's own state as to whether or not is was
collapsed, such that you could collapse a node and it's children would
disappear, but when you expand the node, the children would be
expanded or collapsed as they had been before the parent was
collapsed.  Like so:

* some headline
 * the current headline
   * collapsed child ...
   * expanded child
     I'm out going!

If you where to collapse 'the current headline' above you would see as
you would expect:

* some headline
 * the current headline ...

If you were to expend it again you see the first example again:

* some headline
 * the current headline
   * collapsed child ...
   * expanded child
     I'm out going!

and not:

* some headline
 * the current headline
   * collapsed child
     This is better left unseen!
   * expanded child
     I'm out going!

Would it be hard to fit this into org?  What would be even better is
if there might be a way to save that state, but I think that would go
against the plain text format of org files.

Edd