Re: [Orgmode] (org-overlay-put <extent> 'display <string>) does not do m

From: Christian Nybø
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] (org-overlay-put <extent> 'display <string>) does not do much in XEmacs
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 21:42:33 +0100

Thanks for the help.  With something along the lines of:

(defun org-overlay-put (ovl prop value)
  (if (featurep 'xemacs)
      (if (and (stringp value) (eq prop 'display))
          (set-extent-properties
           ovl (list 'invisible t
                     'end-glyph (make-glyph value)))
        (set-extent-property ovl prop value))
    (overlay-put ovl prop value)))

it works as expected. Why is the last character of the header text part of the string value? Unless it's painted to look like it's still part of the header proper, it looks somewhat odd.
It is perhaps required for overlay-put?