Re: [Orgmode] Re: version 4.56 different in emacs

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: version 4.56 different in emacs
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 16:17:04 +0100

On Nov 28, 2006, at 15:11, Leo wrote:

On Tuesday, 28 Nov 2006, Carsten Dominik wrote:

On Nov 22, 2006, at 20:48, Leo wrote:

Hi all,

This is just my curiosity. I diff org.el (from emacs) and the one from
Carsten's website. Although they have same version number, I see the
following differences:

While I am not installing new features into the Emacs CVS version
currently,
I still do fix significant bugs. I guess it is sloppy to not change the
version number in Emacs to, say, 4.56a.  This specific bug could cause
the overlayed custom time format to differ by several hours (depending
on your time zone) from the actual value given in the time stamp.

- Carsten

Thanks.

I like the pace of org development and I think most of the users are
using the latest version anyway.

Yes, most current users certainly. However, once Emacs 22 hits the street,
a huge amount of new users will have a version of org-mode available,
and many of those will not go and get the newest.

- Carsten