[Orgmode] Re: a '#' at the beginning of my text lines.

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: a '#' at the beginning of my text lines.
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 22:43:51 +0100

address@hidden (J. David Boyd) writes:

> I'll have to dig in to this, because I _like_ auto-fill-mode, but I
> _don't_ like the '#'.

Auto fill mode has a "fill prefix" which is prefixed to every line
when auto filling happens.  (The fill prefix is also used for filling,
e.g. via M-q.)

There is a key for this, see below.  Use it at the beginning of the
line to set the fill prefix to nothing.

Kai

C-x . runs the command set-fill-prefix
  which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `fill.el'.
It is bound to C-x ..
(set-fill-prefix)

Set the fill prefix to the current line up to point.
Filling expects lines to start with the fill prefix and
reinserts the fill prefix in each resulting line.