Re: [Orgmode] mark check list items as `skipped'

From: Eddward DeVilla
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] mark check list items as `skipped'
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 19:03:29 -0600

I manually mark it [*] or [_].  I haven't really settled on a pattern
or semantics.  Before org-mode and hnb before that, I think I used
   _ - not started
   v - in progress
   x - done
   s - skipped or scratched

Edd

On 1/24/07, timotheus <address@hidden> wrote:

I am wondering if there is a built-in way to do the following with
`org-mode'. If not, then I am interested in usage approaches, and maybe even
considering this as a feature request.

For my own check lists, I prefer that each check box have the following
appearance:

** TODO items to purchase for project
   - [ ] an item in the list, incomplete
   - [X] an item in the list, complete
   - [N] an item in the list that will never be performed

What do other people do when a check list item is no longer valid; or you
changed your mind? Archive it? Deleting a valid item, after choosing to skip
it, seems a fallacious approach to organization; so the goal is a simple way to
mark the item as skipped.

For some reason, I have always thought of a check list item as being congruent
to a 3-value enumerated type.

-timotheus