Re: [Orgmode] org-mode 4.64

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-mode 4.64
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 04:05:55 +0100

Hi Carsten,

>   - Several changes to org <-> remember integration

I played a bit with all these features, and they are great.  I hope
i'll actually *need/use* them someday :)

>       - Besides specifying a default *target* file for a note, you
>         can also give a default *heading* of which the note should
>         become a subitem.

I first thought a heading was something like "* Notes" and found out
that "Notes" was enough.  Maybe the documentation should be more
explicit on this point.

>         However, when you exit remember with C-u C-c C-c, these
>         defaults will be used without interaction.

C-u C-c C-c bypasses any specifications of the heading.  It inserts
the note just on the top of it.  C-c C-c works okay.

>       - Templates can specify interactive fields.

Very nice!

>       - Templates can access information specific to the link type
>         created, for example the author and subject of an email.
>         Syntax is %:fromname, %:fromaddress, %:subject etc, details
>         in the manual.  Proposed by Peder O. Klingenberg.

I cannot get any of the keyword to work.  Here are my templates:

(setq org-remember-templates
      '((?n "* %?\n  %i\n  %a %:url" "~/org/notes.org" "Notes")
        (?j "* %U %?\n\n  %i\n  %a" "~/org/journal.org" "Notes")))

I tested the "?n"-template from a w3m page and it just inserts the
string "%:url", not the URL itself.  Anyone any hint? Peter?

--
Bastien