Re: [Orgmode] Re: A nice feature to suggest

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: A nice feature to suggest
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 11:25:08 +0100

"Egli Christian (KIRO 43)" <address@hidden> writes:

>>  **: a headline
>
>> It would be convenient when you need to store inline tasks that are
>> neither proper headlines nor list items.  Such a headline wouldn't
>> (un)fold, not because its content must stay invisible, but because it
>> has no content.
>
> What is the use case for this?

For example :

  * A new project

  Here is some content describing the expected process for a project.
  Then i want to list some preliminary scheduled tasks to organize a
  few things :

  **: SOMEDAY Build a website
  **: NEXT Set up a discussion list

  Then i continue describing the project.  My point is that this very
  three lines of content are not related to the headline "Set up a
  discussion list", but to the headline "A new project".

For now, i use list items like this :

  - [ ] Build a website
  - [ ] Set up a discussion list

But i can't add tags, schedule or archive them, etc., as you do with
other kinds of (headlined) tasks.  Does this describtion make more
sense for you ?

I'm aware this might first be confusing for the user, because this is
not the general approach of org-mode.  And i'm also aware this might
be a very specific need.  But i like org-mode for its flexibility and
this was just a suggestion concerning "unfoldable" headline (while we
were at it).

Hope that makes more sens now :)

Best,

--