Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org-mode 4.69

From: Eddward DeVilla
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org-mode 4.69
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 10:07:33 -0500

   It looks like there might some more discussion here, but I'd like
to chime in and say I kinda like what you have done with the multiple
sequences.  Of course, I'm not using some of the more advanced
features such as logging state changes.  For my simple use of TODO
items, this is pretty nice.

   The way I see it, I can have a sequence for simple todos, one for
fuller projects, one for wishlist/investigation/bug-report items and
so on.  I'd use C-S-arrow to set the sequence type. S-arrow as usual
while working and (possibly) C-S-arrow to promote say a wish-list item
into a project.  Heck, could I even have a single state sequence
CANCEL for the missing not-done done state?

Edd

On 3/21/07, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:

On Mar 21, 2007, at 11:21, Leo wrote:
> I feel this too complicated.

First, I don't think it is complicated at all, try it out.

I have already gotten used to it:
C-S-right to select the right sequence initially.  After that,
everything works exactly as before.  My description sounds
complicated because I listed all the commands that are can be
used, but you really only need these two.

> Isn't it more intuitive and consistent to
> make this work like #+CATEGORY and #+ARCHIVE?

To be honest, I don't think this makes sense in this case,
my suspicion is that you would get many more #+SEQ_TODO
lines in a real-life buffer than #+CATEGORY lines.
So I think this solution is much more general and
workable.  Lets see what other people have to say about it.

Thanks for the feedback.

  - Carsten