Re: [Orgmode] Two bugs

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Two bugs
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 17:24:43 +0200

On May 30, 2007, at 16:45, Leo wrote:

Dear Carsen,

1. unnecessary point movement

When 'S-tab' (visibility cycling), the `point' (cursor) will be moved to
the first headline, which will be a surprise to users. I think the
movement should be kept as minimal as possible i.e. it should be kept
within the tree the `point' is originally in.

This annoyance becomes noticeable when the file is big such as when
using a single .org file for GTD.

This is clearly a matter of taste.  Certainly the cursor
should be moved to a visible location, would you agree?
The motivation for the current behavior is:  If you switch
to overview mode, you probably want to see as much of the file
as possible, so my instinct was to put it back to the first heading.
But maybe you are right that this is not good if there are
many screens full of top level headings......

2. inconsistent key binding definitions

There are only a few places where the key bindings are defined by
`define-key' and the rest are done by `org-defkey'.

Can those define-key be replaced by org-defkey?

There are exactly 2 (not counting removing the outline menus...)

   (define-key org-mode-map (kbd "<backtab>") 'org-shifttab)
   (define-key org-mode-map "\C-a" 'org-beginning-of-line)

The second replaces the beginning-of-line comment, my feeling was
that this one should not go through org-defkey.  The first one I did
fix now.

- Carsten