Re: [Orgmode] org-show-todo-tree for part of an org file

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-show-todo-tree for part of an org file
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 08:10:12 +0200

On Jun 8, 2007, at 20:27, Bernt Hansen wrote:

Hi Carsten (and list),

Org mode is great!

I use C-c C-v (org-show-todo-tree) alot. One of my org files is getting
rather largish (8200 lines) and it would be really useful if it was
possible to do the org-show-todo-tree on only part of the file.

What I'm really looking for is a way to do C-c C-v (or some similar key
combination) on the current TODO heading and have org mode only show the
sparse todo tree for everything under the current TODO heading instead
of for the entire file.

My workarounds at the moment are:

Hi Bernt,

how about

C-x n s    ; to narrow
C-c C-v    ; to show todo tree
C-x n w    ; to widen again.

or

C-c C-x b  ; get get current tree in an indirect buffer to work with.
C-c C-v    ; in the new buffer, to see the limited todo tree.
C-x k RET  ; to remove the indirect buffer after you are done.

- Carsten