[Orgmode] Problem with ascii export + possible useful search.

From: Tim O'Callaghan
Subject: [Orgmode] Problem with ascii export + possible useful search.
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 14:44:28 +0200

On 19/06/07, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:

On Jun 15, 2007, at 15:26, Tim O'Callaghan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It seems that under Xemacs the ascii export just appends the new
> export to the contents of the old export. If you have the old export
> buffer open already then it inserts the new export into the old file
> at the cursor.

I am not able to reproduce this.  Anyone?

After some more investigation, i think it has to do with the
buffer/file not being erased before the ascii is rendered. It works
for html export, it does not for txt export. Not sure why this should
be, the code i looked at seems to try to clear the buffer.

Latest org mode, Xemacs for windows native: 21.4 (patch 19) \"Constant
Variable\" XEmacs Lucid

> The useful search i have started using, is similar to the GTD stuck
> projects one. The search produces a view of stuck to-dos. That is a
> list of todos that have been designated without a context. At the
> moment i am using something like this in my
> org-agenda-custom-commands:
> ("-" tags-todo
> "address@hidden@address@hidden@address@hidden@address@hidden@-
> address@hidden@address@hidden@address@hidden@address@hidden@
> address@hidden@/X"
> nil "")
>
> where "X" is what i use to denote a TODO entry.

Nice!  Does this contain all your tags, or only a selection?
You might be able to write this using a regular expression.

only a selection. I use 5 groups of tags for active projects.
The first group just contains @proj - the active projcet tag. This  is
used with the second group <@home|@work> which are inherited by all of
the active projects in the two huge org files i use for home and work.
The last three groups are generally @<physical context group> ,
<activity context group>@, and <possible duration context>@ which i
combine depending on the task.

I did think of a regular expression, the docs mention its possible,and
give a small example, but i  couldn't get it to do what i wanted
straight away, and didn't want to spend the time figuring it out. I
considered suggesting a group name/selection type, but it seemed a bit
fiddly.

Tim.