Re: [Orgmode] Idea - adds new TODO item for specific time and task-group

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Idea - adds new TODO item for specific time and task-group
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 12:54:22 +0200

Hi Juraj,

this is useful functionality, but you can do the same already using
remember templates.  Just define templates that do not
contain a link to the current location, and specify
file in which, and headline under which the new item
should be filed.  For example:

(setq org-remember-templates
'((?s "* TODO %?\n %i" "~/Org/main.org.txt" "Small Tasks of project 1")
    (?h "* TODO %?\n %i" "~/Org/main.org.txt" "Small tasks at home")))

You can also insert deadline, scheduling etc in this way.  It would
not take the date from the agenda date, but for the rest it
supports everything you are suggesting.

- Carsten