[Orgmode] Feature request: ability to refer to other tables

From: Nikos Apostolakis
Subject: [Orgmode] Feature request: ability to refer to other tables
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 08:51:07 -0400

First of all thanks for org mode, it's a great piece of software.  I
am not organized enough to take full advantage of its abilities but
I plan to get more organized Any Day Really Soon Now.  But I do
regularly use the table feature and especially the spreadsheet
abilities.  I use org-mode for all my spreadsheet needs.

I think that the ability to refer to the contents of a table cell
from outside of the table and in particular from another table would
be very useful.  Tables could have labels associated with them and
then one could refer to their cells in a fomat like "address@hidden" or
even "/path/to/filename/address@hidden".

Thanks,
Nikos