Re: [Orgmode] how to clear computed values

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] how to clear computed values
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 10:49:20 +0200

On Jul 11, 2007, at 10:26, Cecil Westerhof wrote:
In this example the first two digits of kmstand where not input at row 3
and you get a message. But you get also a message at the first row. Is
it possible to circumvent this?

For example by leaving an empty row before the first data line.

Is it possible to define functions in an org-file? For example: it would be nice to have more extensive checking on the values. Also the nz could
be defined. It is in my .emacs now, but when I transfer the file to
another computer, there is a risk that it doe not work anymore.

You can, by inserting something like

     # Local Variables:
     # eval: (defun nz (n) (not (= 0 n)))
     # eval: (defun nw (s) (string-match "\\S-" s))
     # End:

Check the variable `enable-local-eval', and beware that setting it to t
could be exploited to execute unwanted code in a file you get
from someone.

One problem would be that function definitions
are not buffer-local, so the same functions would be defined for all
buffers.  If you use functions with the same name, but different
definitions in different files, the result would depend on the order
of visiting the files.

It would be nice if I did input kmstand that with tab you go to prijs/l.
(Skipping fields with formula's.) And when giving tab on the field
liters going to the field kmstand. Is that something that could be made?

I don't think this is necessary, and no spreadsheet behaves like this.
Just press TAB a few times.

- Carsten