[Orgmode] Re: Problem with org-show-todo-tree v5.02

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Problem with org-show-todo-tree v5.02
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 20:58:48 -0400

Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> writes:

> Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I cannot reproduce this.  Can you try to make a small example file
>> and tell us where the cursor is and what the folding state
>> of the buffer is when you call the command?
>>
>> - Carsten
>>
>> On Jul 11, 2007, at 18:37, Bernt Hansen wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Carsten,
>>>
>>> I don't know if this has been reported yet but I didn't find it on the
>>> list...
>>>
>>> After loading the latest version of org-mode I get the following error
>>> when trying to do C-c C-v (org-show-todo_tree)
>>>
>>> "Must keep at least one level of headers"
>>>
>>> v5.01 works so I've reverted to that for now.
>>>
>>> GNU Emacs 22.0.95.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll
>>> bars) of 2007-03-02 on pacem, modified by Debian
>>> Org-mode version 5.02
>>>

> I can't reproduce it today either... :/
>
> I'll let you know if it happens again and I'll try to isolate what I did
> that causes this.

Okay I think I know what I'm doing wrong here.  For some files I'm
changing the outline-regexp to something org mode isn't expecting.  When
I visit a *.txt file I change the outline-regexp to

    (setq outline-regexp "\\(?:\\*+\\|=+ \\)")

which I find useful for things like editing asciidoc source files.

After that C-c C-v in an org file gives the error reported above.

Attempting to do org-agenda-list with the above outline-regexp puts
Emacs in an infinite loop (at least I never left it long enough to
finish).  Killing it with C-g and restarting org-mode fixes the problem.
I assume org-mode resets the outline-regexp when it starts.

For now I've stopped changing the outline-regexp.

Regards,
Bernt