Re: [Orgmode] Column view questions

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Column view questions
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 09:36:49 +0200

On Jul 11, 2007, at 19:49, Daniel J. Sinder wrote:

On 07/10/2007 11:30 PM, Carsten Dominik wrote:

On Jul 11, 2007, at 0:58, Daniel J. Sinder wrote:

Have you given any thought to the possibility of exporting column
view to HTML?  As nice as column view looks in an emacs-buffer, it's
not really accessible to others (especially if they don't use
emacs/org-mode).

No, not yet.  What would be useful?

One of two possibilities:
(1) Something similar to the export mechanism available for agendas
-- i.e., use htmlize on 'C-x C-w'.  Because column view is an
overlay, this may be harder than I imagine.

I guess this should be done in htmlize.el and in ps-print.el, to make
sure they use any display txt-properties in the file.

(2) An export mechanism that would generate a "pretty" HTML table
(to look like Scott's omni outliner example) starting from the
current heading.

Yes.  Is there an easy way to create HTML that allows outline folding?
Would be nice for this application.

- Carsten