[Orgmode] Re: Integration of Org mode and Gnus

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Integration of Org mode and Gnus
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 13:55:30 +0200

"Georg C. F. Greve" <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Georg,

>  th> Would that help?
>
> Yes, I think so.
>
> Although I think the function supports moving several marked articles,
> so the return value should technically be a list.

As far as I can see it can only move several articles to exactly one
group.

>  th> This could be implemented very easy.
>
> If you could do that and submit it back to Gnus, that would be great.

I just found out that this is not needed. You can use the
`gnus-summary-article-move-hook'. Each function of that hook will be run
with the arguments

    - action: move/copy/respool/crosspost
    - Some data vector, dunno its use...
    - original group
    - destination group
    - select method

So you could write a delegate function that first add-hooks a function
that sets a custom variable to the destination group. Then it calls
`gnus-summary-move-article'. When that returns you can create the
org-link and remove the function from the hook again.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
No person,  no idea, and no  religion deserves to be  illegal to insult,
not even the Church of Emacs. (Richard M. Stallman)