Re: [Orgmode] Re: Integration of Org mode and Gnus

From: Georg C. F. Greve
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Integration of Org mode and Gnus
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 14:25:05 +0200

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 13:55:30 +0200
Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> wrote:

 >> Although I think the function supports moving several marked
 >> articles, so the return value should technically be a list.

 th> As far as I can see it can only move several articles to exactly
 th> one group.

Yes, exactly.

 >> If you could do that and submit it back to Gnus, that would be
 >> great.

 th> I just found out that this is not needed. You can use the
 th> `gnus-summary-article-move-hook'. Each function of that hook will
 th> be run with the arguments

 th>     - action: move/copy/respool/crosspost
 th>     - Some data vector, dunno its use...
 th>     - original group
 th>     - destination group
 th>     - select method

 th> So you could write a delegate function that first add-hooks a
 th> function that sets a custom variable to the destination group. Then
 th> it calls `gnus-summary-move-article'. When that returns you can
 th> create the org-link and remove the function from the hook again.

I think I don't quite understand how this solves the problem.

This sounds like I should set the target group dynamically in the hook
when moving the article. But I can determine the group simply by calling

   (gnus-summary-move-article nil "<GROUP>")

So I know which group the articles end up in, but I don't know which
article number they got in that group -- but that is the basic
prerequisite to be able to link to them.

I'm sorry to ask a question that may be stupid, but how would I get the
article number(s) of the message(s) that have been moved by doing the
above?

Regards,
Georg

--