Re: [Orgmode] missed a scheduled TODO in the agenda and searched for the

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] missed a scheduled TODO in the agenda and searched for the reason quite sometime...
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 11:43:35 +0200

Unfortunately, I would not know how to implement this.
I agree that this would be quite useful.

- Carsten

On Jul 19, 2007, at 11:25, Rainer Stengele wrote:

Today I missed a scheduled TODO in the agenda and searched for the reason quite sometime.

This was the situation:
I searched for the scheduled TODO in the org file with Emacs C-s.
Being there I saw "it was there" but did not show up in the agenda!

Reason was:

* DONE A Project which by accident was moved one level too high :ARCHIVE:
  CLOSED: [2007-07-19 Do 11:14]
** TODO a subproject
** TODO a todo I searched and found by Emacs C-s
   SCHEDULED: <2007-07-19 Do>

The archived DONE project including the searched one was by accident one level too high.
Being archived it hid all sublevels from showing up in agenda.
What really confused me was the face color of the subprojects. They look still "alive".
It took me some time to find the archived headline above.

Carsten, would it be possible to face all subitems of an archived headline with the "shadowed" face? Of course, not using Emacs searching will be the solution but I do not want to miss it.

Rainer