Re: [Orgmode] postponing todos

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] postponing todos
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 01:18:13 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> I would like to have a solution for the following problem:  I browse
> TODOs in my agenda view and I would like to postpone them, so agenda
> buffers don't list them until a certain date.
>
> I would like to quickly (by using shortcuts) postpone a todo entry from
> the agenda buffer by:
>   - 1-2-3 day
>   - coming monday/friday
>   - next monday/friday
>
> What is possible with current org mode?

I don't think so, and i'm not sure on how it could be implemented.

Maybe a :WarningAtDay: property? Conceptually this requires that we're
able to distinguish between postponing the date a todo is displayed on
and postponing the todo itself (the day it's supposed to be done)...
All this might be a bit confusing.

If you need this for only a few todos, you might assign a DEADLINE to
them, then set `org-deadline-warning-days' so that they pop up in the
agenda view at the desired date.

--
Bastien