Re: [Orgmode] Suport for pictures?

From: Johan Ekh
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Suport for pictures?
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 13:11:25 +0200

Thanks for your answers Bastien!
Sorry for being ignorant, but how do I use the "LaTeX exporter"? I did not know about it.
Can't find it in my version of the documentation.

One more question, can I use Pstricks with the latex exporter?

Best regards,
Johan

2007/8/8, Bastien <address@hidden>:
Hi Johan,

"Johan Ekh" <address@hidden> writes:

> I wonder if it is possible to include graphics within LaTeX fragments?

Have a look here:
http://staff.science.uva.nl/~dominik/Tools/org/org.html#LaTeX-fragments

For HTML export, the \includegraphics{...} won't produce anything.

If you embed it in a \begin{figure} environment, this environment will
be parsed by the dvipng utility, but AFAIK this program is not able to
produce png files from images.

For LaTeX export (and i guess you mostly need eps images for this),
there are three options:

1. A simple image link [[file:image.eps]] will be converted as:
   \includegraphics[width=10em]{images.eps}

2. Simple LaTeX insertion:
   #+LaTeX: \includegraphics[width=5em]{~/images/image.eps}

3. More complex LaTeX insertion:
   #+BEGIN_LaTeX
     \begin{figure}
     \includegraphics[width=5em]{~/images/image.eps}
     \caption{Some descriptive text here}
     \end{figure}
   #+END_LaTeX

PS: the LaTeX exporter still doesn't recognize \begin{...} environments
when they are not specified by #+BEGIN_LaTeX and #+END_LaTeX delimiters.
This will be fixed in the next release.

Hope this helps,

--
Bastien