Re: [Orgmode] 2nd org-done when invoked from Agenda bug

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] 2nd org-done when invoked from Agenda bug
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 08:30:56 +0200

On Aug 12, 2007, at 6:57, Max Mikhanosha wrote:

At Thu, 9 Aug 2007 07:05:55 +0200, Carsten
Dominik wrote:

I cannot reproduce this bug.  Anyone?

Its easy to reproduce, are you sure you doing it with org-log-done set
to 't?

Yes, I forgot this.  Now I can reproduce it.  THe bug is fixed for the
next version, thanks.

- Carsten

Here is my understanding of the bug after debugging it a bit, please
correct me if I'm wrong: when agenda buffer is constructed, for each
item in the agenda buffer it remembers a position back into the
original org buffer. These positions are used for example in follow
mode triggered by pressing F key.

When org buffer contains 2 TODOs like so:

** TODO one
** TODO two

If one uses F follow mode in agenda, then as you move cursor in agenda
buffer, the correct TODO line in the org buffer is highlighted.

Now press T to mark 1st TODO DONE. It inserts a line into original org
buffer like so:

** TODO one
  CLOSED: <whatever>
** TODO two

Now the F follow mode highlights the CLOSED line instead of the "TODO
two" line when cursor is on the 2nd TODO in the agenda
buffer. Basically it highlights the same line where the 2nd TODO
_used_ to be, if the CLOSED line was not inserted.

I can 100% reproduce this with either my own multi-tty emacs compile,
or with the stock emacs that comes with suse 10.2, with only org.el
loaded and with --no-init-file

Regards,
  Max

- Carsten