Re: [Orgmode] [POLL] How do you enter your tasks/todos ?

From: Jason F. McBrayer
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [POLL] How do you enter your tasks/todos ?
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 08:53:31 -0400

Xavier Maillard <address@hidden> writes:

> This is a serious question. I have no success at all (it is even worse
> than before) with the GTD methodology and I am pretty sure it has to
> do with the way I manage toenter new todos in my system. I almost only
> use remember for that. I guess I'm wrong using this method.

I use both remember and directly editing my main org-mode file.  Things
from remember only go into my Inbox.org, which I manually process into
my Projects.org.

> So what is the way you do ? The same apply for your "diary", do you
> solely use org-mode or do you also happen to use the calendar/diary ?

I don't use diary-mode.  I did use it for recurring appointments and
such, but org supports those natively now.

> Optionnal question: does anybody successfully use org-mode and GTD ?

Yes, mostly.  I'm very successful with it at work; not so much at home,
but that is a motivational problem, not an organizational one, and GTD
is not a motivational system.

I'm working on a detailed whitepaper on my org-mode/GTD usage, but it's
not my highest priority right now.

| Jason F. McBrayer                    address@hidden  |
| If someone conquers a thousand times a thousand others in |
| battle, and someone else conquers himself, the latter one |
| is the greatest of all conquerors.  --- The Dhammapada    |