[Orgmode] Re: [POLL] How do you enter your tasks/todos ?

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [POLL] How do you enter your tasks/todos ?
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 13:14:19 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,

Jason F. McBrayer <jmcbray <at> carcosa.net> writes:

> > So what is the way you do ? The same apply for your "diary", do you
> > solely use org-mode or do you also happen to use the calendar/diary ?
>
> I don't use diary-mode.  I did use it for recurring appointments and
> such, but org supports those natively now.

I did not know that; I will have to check the manual ;)

> > Optionnal question: does anybody successfully use org-mode and GTD ?
>
> Yes, mostly.  I'm very successful with it at work; not so much at home,
> but that is a motivational problem, not an organizational one, and GTD
> is not a motivational system.

I mainly failed at work. Dunno if it is because I am at a sys admin position.
Tasks/projects/whatever goes all day long and it is always urgent. Hard to keep
organized ;)

> I'm working on a detailed whitepaper on my org-mode/GTD usage, but it's
> not my highest priority right now.

I am impatient even if I know, a working system for you is not likely to work
for me :)