Re: [Orgmode] Re: include file contents in org files?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: include file contents in org files?
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 11:42:26 +0200

On Aug 22, 2007, at 11:32, Rainer Stengele wrote:

Adam Spiers schrieb:
Bastien (address@hidden) wrote:
Rainer Stengele <address@hidden> writes:

I'd like to have the initial lines (configuration) of any org file be
the same.
Perhaps we can use Tempo [1] or Templates [2] for this?
If I understand Rainer's original requirements, that wouldn't work,
because once expansion had been performed across multiple files, you
would still need to edit them all if you needed to make a change to
the common component.  An include mechanism sounds like a nice idea to
me.

Adam, you've got it right.
I would like to have something like a #include under C but also see the contents of the included file. The include "update" could take place whenever the org file is opened or maybe by request "org-update-includes" or whatever.

While I maybe can see the use of having an #include mechanism,
I don't see why you'd want to *see* the included stuff.
It is just as easy to look at the include file itself, and if it is
the same for every file you use, you'd have it memorized soon enough.

- Carsten