[Orgmode] Re: Bug: all todos receive a once used timestamp in agenda vie

From: Anupam Sengupta
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Bug: all todos receive a once used timestamp in agenda view
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 13:22:15 -0700

    Rainer> Carsten Dominik schrieb:
    >> Here is a quick update, bug fixes plus a few small features.  Only on my
    >> website, not yet in Emacs - I don't have time right now.
    >>
    >> http://www.astro.uva.nl/~dominik/Tools/org/> Enjoy!

[...]

    Rainer> Hello Carsten, thank you for the fast update!

    Rainer> I think a new bug appeared: Defining a daytime specific schedule for
    Rainer> a todo it happens that a lot (the rest?  all appearing after the
    Rainer> todo) of todos will also wrongly show the time as schedule time in
    Rainer> agenda view. This appears to stay for all todos of the same day. For
    Rainer> the next day the agenda view is ok again.

    Rainer> Ah I checked again - all TODOs following a TODO with timestamped
    Rainer> schedule receive the same time stampuntil another time specific
    Rainer> schedule appears. After that all todos again receive the last
    Rainer> timestamp.

Hi Carsten,

I can confirm the same issue here. Here is a quick test case for the same:

If the Org file looks like:

    * TODO This is a scheduled entry with a date and start time
    SCHEDULED: <2007-08-24 Fri 15:00>
    * TODO This is a scheduled entry with just a scheduled date (no time spec)
    SCHEDULED: <2007-08-24 Fri>
    * TODO This is a scheduled entry with a date and start/end times
    SCHEDULED: <2007-08-24 Fri 16:00-17:00>

Then the second entry (note that this does not have a time specification)
inherits
the timestamp from the previous headline. Hence, the daily agenda view looks as:

Day-agenda:
Friday    24 August 2007
               8:00-09:00 ----------------
              10:00-11:00 ----------------
              12:00-13:00 ----------------
              14:00-15:00 ----------------
  test:       15:00-16:00 Scheduled:  TODO This is a scheduled entry with just
a scheduled date (no time spec)
  test:       15:00-16:00 Scheduled:  TODO This is a scheduled entry with a
date and start time
  test:       16:00-17:00 Scheduled:  TODO This is a scheduled entry with a
date and start/end times

--
Anupam